FPE Bursaries 2016 - 2017
Through the Foundation for Pharmaceutical Education (FPE) the Pharmaceutical Society promotes and administers the availability of bursaries for undergraduate study of pharmacy at recognised institutions in SA from the second year of study onwards.
Undergrad application form for 2017 will be available in July 2016
In addition the Foundation also makes bursaries available for postgraduate study in pharmacy related subjects.
An application form can be downloaded in October each year or contact your Pharmacy School for a copy.
Postgraduate application form for 2017 will be available in October 2016
Who Can Apply?
• Only pharmacy students from the second year of study – no first year applications will be considered (Grade 12’s also excluded)
• Only South African citizens FOR HOW LONG?
• Only one academic year at a time
• Recipients of bursaries must submit a new application each year for renewal of bursaries
All relevant criteria are taken into consideration during the allocations, including:
• Financial circumstances of the applicant (most weighted criteria) – applicants whose
family income exceeds R130 000 per annum before tax are seldom eligible for financial
• Academic achievement – all subjects must be passed – minimum 60% average
• Dependants of the supporter still studying – tertiary institutions, scholars
• Other financial assistance – bursaries, loans etc.
• Special circumstances
• Sponsor specific criteria
How To Apply?