Bursaries are available only to students of South African public universities registered with the Council of Higher Education or Universities of Technology.
Nedbank Bursary Criteria
To qualify, you must show that you:
• have a financial need (can’t afford to pay for your own studies);
• plan to study fulltime (no bursaries are given for part-time studies); and
• applied online for a bursary within the bursary application window:
1 February – 30 April annually.
• South African citizens.
• Learners who are currently in grade
12 or who passed matric up to two
• Students who are registering for
the first year of their first degree.
• Students who are already registered
with a recognised South African public university.
Please attach certified copies
of the following documents:
• A valid senior certificate (if you
have completed grade 12) or your
most recent university examination results on official stationery with a letterhead or logo.
• A valid South African identity document.
• Proof of latest income of parent(s) or guardian for three months (eg payslips or payment advices for pension or grant) or an affidavit
if they are unemployed. Total
family income must be shown.
• Income and expenses statement
of parent(s) or guardian.
• Death certificate of parent(s) or
guardian if applicable.
• Divorce certificate if applicable.
• If you are disabled, a letter from
a medical doctor confirming permanent disability.
How To Apply?
Download brochure here.