Eskom Learnerships Programme
Mechanical and Electrical Disciplines
• Grade 12 with Physical Science and Mathematics
• N3 with Mathematics and Engineering Science
• English as second language
Control and Instrumentation Discipline
• N4 with Mathematics and Engineering Science
• English as second language
Skills and Competencies
• Ability to apply maths and science knowledge
• Good understanding of thermodynamics
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Reading /studying skills
• Analytical skills
• Knowledge of safety and technical concepts
• Ability to work at heights
• Self-disciplined and assertive
• Remove and replace faulty equipment under supervision
• Repair equipment under supervision
• Install, maintain and commission plant equipment under supervision
• Inspection of plant equipment under supervision
• Participate in classroom and work shop training
Lethabo Power Station is offering Learnerships (Learner Artisans) in the following fields
1. Control and Instrumentation (x4)
2. Electrical (x4)
3. Mechanical (x8)
Applicants can apply online or submit applications at Lethabo Power Station (Main Security Gate) with the following attachments: Curriculum Vitae, certified copies of ID and qualifications.
How To Apply
Eskom Related News
Eskom has invested a lot in public awareness and education programmes about electricity and safety. However, despite Eskom’s education and the various preventative measures that we have been doing over the years, illegal connections and unlawful entry to electrical installations still occur.
Our main concern is that illegal connections are dangerous, and often result in serious injury or even death. This bad practice also causes overloading of the network, which results in unplanned electricity outages, which affect the smooth running of our everyday lives as well as life-sustaining equipment at hospitals. These unplanned outages also affect the quality of supply, which in turn affects investment, which ultimately affects the economy of the country.
All members of the community need to take ownership and safeguard Eskom assets and equipment as they belong to the state, which state is owned by the people. Eskom would like to urge the public to report illegal activities by calling the Eskom Crime Line on: 0800 11 27 22.
Eskom will continue to provide regular updates on the status of the power system through various media platforms.
The Clicks Pharmacy in Golden Acre, Cape Town is inviting applications from South African candidates with a Matric/Grade 12 qualification for their 14-months long Pharmacy Assistance Learnership Programme – successful applicants will be trained practically (in the pharmacy) and theoretically. Applicants are required to have passed their Grade 12 with Maths Literacy OR Maths and English.
Learners will be paid a monthly stipend for the duration of the 14-months long learnership.